GOED is a proactive trade association whose members are involved in the supply, manufacture and distribution of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) omega-3 fatty acids. The organization's objectives are to promote and protect the category, educate consumers about the health benefits of EPA/DHA, and work with government groups, the healthcare community and the industry, while setting high standards for its business sector. GOED and its members are committed to personal integrity, ethical corporate behavior, public safety and quality assurance. Part of this mission is educating other interested parties such as media, the larger nutraceutical industry, consumers and healthcare practitioners about important issues related to EPA and DHA omega-3s.
Click the appropriate link to learn more.
Information for Industry
- New GOED director Ellen Schutt aims to reinforce omega-3s message with healthcare professionals
- CRN, GOED file joint brief asking court to deny Amarin appeal in fish oils case
- GOED says results of null trial on omega-3s’ effects on dry eye have been overstated
- Ismail implores omega-3 industry to show leadership in supporting science, consumer research
- Ismail to step down as GOED leader