GOED creates technical and regulatory advisories for members and industry on an as-needed basis.
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory assessing the issue of micro- and nanoplastic particle contamination in fish oils.
Micro- and Nanoplastic Particle Contamination in EPA/DHA Omega-3 Oils (December 2018)
- This Industry Advisory outlines the correct way to express the content of EPA, DHA, and fatty acid content in omega-3 oils.
GOED Industry Advisory: Correct Expression of EPA, DHA and Total Omega-3 Fatty Acid Content in Oils (October 2018)
- GOED and its Technical Committee have developed guidelines for handling oxidation challenges in the processing of omega-3 oils, which can be accessed below. These are best practices and are not meant to replace the oxidation limits in the GOED Voluntary Monograph.
GOED Best-Practice Guidelines on Oxidation Control (September 2017)
GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on the recurring videos showing ethyl ester omega-3s dissolving a polystyrene cup
Ethyl Esters and Polystyrene (May 2016)
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on omega-3 immunity claims in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
GOED Advisory on Omega-3 Immunity Claims (March 2020)
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on regulatory oversight of dietary supplements claims in the US market.
GOED Advisory on US Dietary Supplement Claims (November 2018)