Participate in a Special GOED Exchange Case Study
Share Your Birth Journey with OmegaQuant
As part of next year’s GOED Exchange event, GOED member OmegaQuant is planning to present a case study on the importance of omega-3 intake in pregnant women and we are asking members to participate. For the case study, OmegaQuant is seeking to recruit 15 women from GOED member companies who are newly pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, to monitor their omega-3 DHA levels during their birth journey. This can include relatives of member company employees as well.
Evidence suggests that maintaining optimal DHA levels preconception, during pregnancy and postpartum provides many benefits for both mother and baby. As many of you know, most women don't get enough DHA in their diets, despite their best efforts. The goal of this study is to guide these women during their birth journey, so that they are getting the proper amount of DHA to reap the protective benefits.
Here are the details of the program:
- Women need to be pregnant for 24 weeks or less to participate in the case study, or planning to become pregnant in the next six months.
- OmegaQuant will provide Prenatal DHA tests free of charge during participants’ pregnancies to help them monitor their DHA levels.
- OmegaQuant will provide all test results to participants, which will contain guidance on omega-3 intake as well as information about the types of fish that are low in mercury and high in omega-3s and advice on recommended supplementation dosage.
- OmegaQuant will provide educational materials throughout the study on the importance of DHA for them and their babies.
- Omega-3 supplements will also be provided as necessary.
OmegaQuant then plans to share the case study in a presentation at GOED Exchange 2022, which takes place February 15-17, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
If you are interested in learning more or want to participate in the study, please contact OmegaQuant below.
Disclaimer: The Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED) is not involved in this case study. It is being conducted solely by OmegaQuant.