For the last several years GOED has been building a comprehensive, searchable database of all interventional human studies on EPA and DHA — almost 4,000 studies.
The tool has been completed in two phases.
Phase 1: Includes details on whether the studies are positive, negative or neutral (according to abstract outcomes), associated keywords, relevant study authors and journals. Click here to see a demo.
Phase 2: Includes data on every outcome from a given study, is fully searchable and can be filtered in by the variables below. Click here to see a demo.
- Study size
- Demographics – age, gender
- Participant characteristics – diseases, medical history, etc.
- Intervention, omega-3 dosage, placebo
- Number of participants, study length, year of publication
What makes this database unique?
- Unlike PubMed, GOED’s Clinical Study Database (CSD) includes data on every outcome in a given study, not just the abstract.
- This is a carefully curated database. We have filtered through all the irrelevant studies and developed a customized pre-screened article list.
- Complex search results are downloadable and shareable.
- The interface allows you to quickly scan the effects of omega-3s on a desired biomarker, of the effect of omega-3 intervention in populations or interest, or people with certain conditions or risk factors.
How can the database be used?
- Substantiating health and structure/function claims
- Performing systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Identifying gaps in research
- Preparing white papers and opinion editorials
- Rebutting negative media articles
- Providing direction in product design and marketing
How can I access the database?
Licensing details and pricing for the full database to come. Please contact us with any questions.